Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Back to School.




Dress- Aritzia (Wilfred), Beanie- American Apparel,  Bralette- American Apparel, Watch- Daniel Wellington

 Another all black outfit! I'm sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately, I have started school again which makes it difficult to find time to take photos. Aside from trying to find time to take photos, finding money to buy clothes to take outfit pictures is also terribly difficult... When I do have money I spend it on my art projects and those can get quite pricey really quickly. I'm hoping to find another job soon so hopefully that will help me in the money department, but it certainly won't help me in the "lack of time to do anything" department.

Back to the whole "all black everything thing." Last year a teacher had asked me if my clothing was a part of my artistic practice and it really made me think a lot. I like to be fully immersed in my art so I decided I would find a way of working my clothing into my practice. My practice consists of mainly minimal, conceptual sculptures so "minimal" became a key word to me when it comes to what I wear. What better way to minimize your wardrobe than to eliminate all colours?

So now when I'm at school I try to mostly just wear black but I have to admit that I do cheat a bit and wear some grey or white sometimes. Sometimes I even get a little wild and switch it up with a little brown... But all black is my staple. 

Happy Wednesday!
xx Sara   

17 comments:

  1. beautiful style!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look, you are super stylish!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this outfit, there's nothing that I would switch, I love everything about it! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet.. Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  4. I adore an all black outfit - your dress is so pretty and the beanie is a lovely touch. Very chic!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin now and I hope you'll do the same so we can stay connected. I look forward to reading your posts!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely :)

      Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  5. You're looking just amazing! The all black suits you great.
    And i think we all got these times when updating is quite hard. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! You have a great style darling... I love this look!!!

    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i loveeee this look!! that dress is perfect and with the straps from the bralet, the back looks so cool :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this, sometimes the simpler the outfit the more beautiful. love the cut of the dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look. The dress i want to own.

    Kisses,
    Bex
    Personal Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real cute outfit, I love the back detailing and the way you've styled it.

    Thanks for dropping by Tan-talk.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All black errthin, looks very comfortable an chic!

    ReplyDelete